Give the Gift of HOPE to Domestic Violence Survivors and their Children.
The HOPE Fund provides micro-loans to remove economic barriers to safety for domestic violence survivors and their children. The HOPE Fund provides survivors with small interest free loans to help them reach and remain safe. The number one reason why domestic violence survivors stay, leave or return to an abusive relationship is that they dont have the finances to leave and start a new life.
What makes the HOPE Fund unique?
* As survivors begin to thrive, they become contributors to the HOPE Fund by repaying their loan to help other survivors.
The HOPE Fund is a program of the Operation For HOPE Foundation.
To Be Eligible for the HOPE Fund:
The HOPE Fund is designed to provide immediate help to survivors of domestic violence and their children. The fund is an interest free microloan. When making a referral to the fund, please consider our guidelines:
1. There is an urgent immediate need. The funds can be released within 24 – 48 hours.
2. Community Partner Agencies and Organizations who provide direct services to domestic violence survivors and their families are eligible to submit requests to the HOPE Fund.
3. The request is based on the safety and quickly places resources into the hands of a survivor; the funds are not to be used for general financial circumstances or financial security.
4. There are no other funds available for this particular urgent need.
5. The recipient of the fund understands that the Operation For HOPE Foundation expects her/him to pay the fund back as soon as possible (small payments over time are acceptable). By paying back the loan, the recipient is in turn helping to keep the HOPE alive to benefit other victims.
6. Loan amounts generally range from $20 - $300 on average.
7. Funds are distributed by direct payment to a vendor or by gift/cash cards.
8. Recipients must be represented by/vouched for by a representative from a social service program or agency and/or a first responder agency.
A determination will be made within one working day, in most cases.
The Operation for HOPE Foundation Youth Fund supports youth working for positive social change; helping youth launch progressive responses and projects within their schools and/or communities to break cycles of family violence.
Youth leaders who recognize the need to create positive social change by taking a strong stand against family violence are encouraged to apply for grant funding from the Operation for HOPE Foundation. Interested youth need to complete the Youth HOPE Fund Application. The application requires information on how you will embrace your proposed planned activities at your school or organization.
The Youth HOPE Fund focuses on the prevention of family violence; improvements to the awareness of this issue, improvements to the services needed for individuals seeking services, resources/programs/care available immediately and long term for family members who want to break the cycle of violence.
Operation for HOPE Foundation Youth HOPE Fund also provides Sponsorship Opportunities to youth exposed to violence who are in need of assistance. Affording youth to participate in a variety of programs with trained professionals that encourage youth to broaden their environment, build on their trust and courage, to develop positive relationships, gain higher self-worth and to promote learning new skills. HOPE Sponsorship Opportunities show youth that they’re loved and inspire them to dream and reach for the stars!