Give the Gift of HOPE to Domestic Violence Victims and their Children.
The Operation For HOPE micro-emergency Loan Fund removes economic barriers to safety for domestic violence victims and their children. Rent, utilities, childcare. Economic isolation plays a key role in trapping vulnerable individuals in abusive situations. Victims often stay because they don't have the resources to leave and start a new life. The HOPE Fund provides victims with small interest free loans to help them reach and remain safe.
What makes the HOPE Fund unique?
* As victims become survivors and thrive, they become contributors to the HOPE Fund by repaying their loan to help other victims.
The HOPE Fund is a program of the Operation For HOPE Foundation.
To Be Eligible for the HOPE Fund:
The HOPE Fund is designed to provide immediate help to victims of domestic violence and their children. The fund is an interest free microloan. When making a referral to the fund, please consider our guidelines:
1. There is an urgent immediate need. The funds can be released within 24 – 48 hours.
2. Community Partner Agencies and Organizations who provide direct services to domestic violence victims and their families are eligible to submit requests to the HOPE Fund.
3. The request is based on the safety and quickly places resources into the hands of the victims; the funds are not to be used for general financial circumstances or financial security.
4. There are no other funds available for this particular urgent need.
5. The recipient of the fund understands that the Operation For HOPE Foundation expects her/him to pay the fund back as soon as possible (small payments over time are acceptable). By paying back the loan, the recipient is in turn helping other victims by replenishing the HOPE Fund.
6. Loan amounts generally range from $20 - $300 on average.
7. Funds are distributed by direct payment to a vendor or by gift/cash cards.
8. Recipients must be represented by/vouched for by a representative from a social service program or agency and/or a first responder agency.
A determination will be made within one working day, in most cases.
CLICK HERE to make a donation to the HOPE Fund today!
The Operation for HOPE Foundation Youth Fund supports youth working for positive social change; helping youth launch progressive responses and projects within their schools and/or communities to break cycles of family violence.
Operation for HOPE Foundation Youth HOPE Fund also provides Sponsorship Opportunities to youth exposed to violence who are in need of assistance. Affording youth to participate in a variety of programs with trained professionals that encourage youth to broaden their environment, build on their trust and courage, to develop positive relationships, gain higher self-worth and to promote learning new skills. HOPE Sponsorship Opportunities show youth that they’re loved and inspire them to dream and reach for the stars!